- The PACE events are open to everyone. We are therefore committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity or religion.
- This code of conduct outlines our expectations for participant behavior as well as the consequences for unacceptable behavior.
- We invite all sponsors, speakers, attendees, and other participants to help us maintain a safe and positive experience for everyone.
- Be considerate and respectful.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory or harassing behavior and speech.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants. Alert the PACE organising team if you notice a dangerous situation or someone in distress.
- Participate in an authentic and active way.
- Unacceptable behaviors include: intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory or demeaning conduct by any attendees of PACE events. Our venues may be shared with members of the public; please be respectful to all patrons of these locations.
- Harassment includes: offensive verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, disability; inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces (including presentation slides); deliberate intimidation, stalking or following; harassing photography or recording; sustained disruption of talks or other events; inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention.
CONSEQUENCES OF UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR
- Unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated whether by other attendees, organisers, venue staff, sponsors, or other patrons of PACE venues.
Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately.
- If a participant engages in unacceptable behavior, the conference organisers may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including expulsion from the conference without warning or refund.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU WITNESS OR ARE SUBJECT TO UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR
- If you are subject to unacceptable behavior, notice that someone else is being subject to unacceptable behavior, or have any other concerns, please notify a member of the PACE organising team as soon as possible.
- The PACE organising team will be available to help participants contact venue security or local law enforcement, to provide escorts, or to otherwise assist those experiencing unacceptable behavior to feel safe for the duration of the conference.
- We expect all conference participants (sponsors, speakers, attendees, and other guests) to abide by this code of conduct at all conference venues and conference-related social events.
If you have attended a PACE event and experienced or witnessed a Code of Conduct violation, please contact the organising team on firstname.lastname@example.org so they can investigate and take necessary action.